Saturday 17 December 2016

A seasonal obfuscated C program for 2016

Another year passes and once more I have another seasonal obfuscated C program.  I was caught short on free time this year to heavily obfuscate the code which is a shame. However, this year I worked a bit harder at animating the output, so hopefully that will make up for lack of obfuscation.

The source is available on github to eyeball.  I've had criticism on previous years that it is hard to figure out the structure of my obfuscated code, so this year I made sure that the if statements were easier to see and hence understand the flow of the code.

This year I've snapped up all my seasonal obfuscated C programs and put them into the snap store as the christmas-obfuscated-c snap.

Below is a video of the program running; it is all ASCII art and one can re-size the window while it is running.


Unlike previous years, I have the pre-obfuscated version of the code available in the git repository at commit c98376187908b2cf8c4d007445b023db67c68691 so hopefully you can see the original hacky C source.

Have a great Christmas and a most excellent New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment